Thursday, June 9, 2011

Following My Gypsy Spirit

As I sat pining away in my cubical cell, lost in the Midwest. I followed the happenings at the 2010 Harmony Festival, remotely via the awesome power of social media. I vowed that I would be there next year...

Well in the immortal words of Polexia Aphrodisia “It’s all happening!”

As I walk into the festival, photo pass in hand, I will be living the dream of my gypsy spirit. Entering fully, into something that was but a dream just a year ago.


2011 Harmony Festival
For 32 years, Harmony has been a leading-edge lifestyle festival that celebrates the latest trends in health, music, arts, ecology, and spirituality. Created and seasoned in the trend-setting North Bay Area, Harmony is the original festival to appeal to the green lifestyle market.


The Peoples Parade... via HarmonyFestival.com
This is my tribe. An all ages community of free spirits coming together to celebrate, music, art, spirituality, healthy living, and the environment.

First, I will be documenting the festival with my camera... Eco Rally, Steampunk, Goddess Grove,... etc...etc.. the list is amazing... I can already feel the power of all this visual inspiration coming to life thru my lens.

My goal is to capture the community spirit of the festival, and maybe get a shot or two of some of the headliners this year... like... Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, The Flaming Lips, and local boys, PRIMUS! For a full line up of all 3 amazing days check out the Harmony Festival website.




mint, emerald, verde, lime... its all green


Bring your own reusable, water bottles, coffee cups, plates..etc... There will be recycling stations, compost stations.. water stations.. and a green team if you need a little help.

The goal is Zero Waste! What an amazing message that could send to the world!

http://www.harmonyfestival.com/greening.html


tweeting live

As I am shooting and experiencing all that is the Harmony Festival I will be tweeting and posting live candid shots from my iPhone, with my groovy new download Instagram.

Follow the fun @HarmonyFestival @MysticTweets or simply search the hashtag #HF11 (although recent research shows that @HollandFestival in Amsterdam is currently using the same hashtag, stay tuned for updates). You can also like Digital Mystic on Facebook for words and images from this years Harmony Festival.

Just to be clear... The festival runs from June 10-12, Friday-Sunday. Sadly my passes are only for Saturday and Sunday.... That just means I have more to look forward to next year.

cheers,
joy

No comments:

Post a Comment